No more Kindle Support from Library - where can I go?

Everything you want to talk about startup.

No more Kindle Support from Library - where can I go?

Postby lillianwrightus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:40 am

Hello,
My library recently decided to stop providing content through Overdrive and now the shiny new Kindle I got a month ago is semi-worthless to me. I am a picky reader so being able to get eBooks from the library was perfect for me.

Is there anywhere else I can loan Kindle books from - for FREE? I'd prefer access to newer books - I know there are places to get the Classics.
lillianwrightus

Re: No more Kindle Support from Library - where can I go?

Postby samanthaus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:56 am

Hello,
From the left panel on the Home screen, tap Books, Newsstand, or Audiobooks, or tap the icon from the app grid or carousel to view specific content in your Kindle Library.
Tap a title to download it to your phone.
Note: Content already downloaded to your phone will have a checkmark on it. You can find your newspaper apps in your Newsstand content library, among other subscriptions.

Access the right panel to view recommendations based on your recently purchased content.
Access the left panel to view the category menu.
View your Books or Collections.
Tap one of the options under Shop (such as Storefront) to find and purchase new content.

Kindle Support | www kindle com support | Kindle Help
samanthaus

Postby anya » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:16 am

Hello

To manage documents stored in Manage Your Content and Devices:

1. Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
2. From Your Content, select Docs from the Show drop-down menu.
a. To deliver documents to your device, check the box next to the title(s) that you want to deliver, and then select Deliver. Select your device(s) from the list, and then click Deliver again to confirm.
b. To remove documents from the Manage Your Content and Devices page, select the title(s) that you want to delete, and then select Delete. Click Yes, Delete to confirm.

For any help or query you can visit us: www Kindle Com Support
anya

Postby phillipskimberly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Hello,

To check out a public library book for Kindle:
1. Confirm whether your library branch is eligible and carries Kindle books by going to Overdrive, or the website of your local library.
2. Get a library card and a PIN from your local library.
3. Go to the website of your local public library and search for Kindle books / eBooks.
4. At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account, and select the Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or supported Kindle reading app to send the book to.
5. Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.

kindle com support | amazon kindle support | www kindle com support
phillipskimberly

Postby tiffany » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 am

Hi,

To check out a public library book for Kindle:

Confirm whether your library branch is eligible and carries Kindle books by going to Overdrive, or the website of your local library.
Get a library card and a PIN from your local library.
Go to the website of your local public library and search for Kindle books / eBooks.
At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account, and select the Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or supported Kindle reading app to send the book to.
Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.
Tip: If your device does not receive the book, sync your device manually.

www Kindle Com Support | Kindle Com Support | Kindle Help
tiffany

Postby arianamartinus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:30 pm

Hello
check out a public library book for Kindle:

Confirm whether your library branch is eligible and carries Kindle books by going to Overdrive, or the website of your local library.
Get a library card and a PIN from your local library.
Go to the website of your local public library and search for Kindle books / eBooks.
At checkout, sign in to your Amazon account, and select the Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or supported Kindle reading app to send the book to.
Connect your device to Wi-Fi and download the title from the Archived Items or Cloud.

| www Kindle com support | Kindle help | Kindle support |
arianamartinus

Return to General